Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder have reportedly agreed terms for their trilogy rematch to take place on July 24 – with promoter Bob Arum saying the contracts will be signed in the coming days.
Both Fury and Wilder have now agreed on the showdown in Las Vegas, after an arbitration court judge ruled the fight must take place – halting plans for Fury's unification showdown against Anthony Joshua.
That's according to a report from ESPN, which says the purse for the fight will be split 60-40 in Fury's favour.
Fury claimed the WBC belt with his victory over Wilder in their rematch in February last year, after their first fight ended in a controversial draw back in December 2018.
The Gypsy King had appeared on course for an all-British unification fight against Joshua this summer, but that has been delayed after a judge ruled that Wilder was entitled to a third fight against Fury.
The trilogy rematch with Wilder now leaves Joshua seeking an opponent – and he has hit out at his fellow Brit.
“ Tyson Fury the world now sees you for the fraud you are,” Joshua said on Twitter.
“You’ve let boxing down! You lied to the fans and led them on. Used my name for clout not a fight.
“Bring me any championship fighter who can handle their business correctly.”
Joshua could now face Oleksandr Usyk, who recently stepped up to heavyweight and saw off Derek Chisora.
But Fury this week vowed he was still coming for Joshua.
"I'll smoke Wilder first then you will get yours," Fury tweeted at his fellow Brit on Tuesday.
Source: Read Full Article