After the Boston Red Sox won the first two games at Fenway Park, the World Series heads west.
The Los Angeles Dodgers will try to get back into the series on their home turf, and send rookie starter Walker Buehler to the mound against Boston righty Rick Porcello.
Timely hitting was the key for the Red Sox in the first two games, scoring nine of their 12 total runs with two outs. Boston slugger J.D. Martinez had two RBI in each game. but his status for Game 3 is in question as he deals with a sore ankle. With no designated hitter at Dodger Stadium, Martinez would have to play the outfield.
We'll see a dramatically different Dodgers lineup Friday with the right-handed Porcello on the hill for Boston. Expect Cody Bellinger, Joc Pederson and Max Muncy to start after being relegated to the bench against lefties in the first two games.
Here's everything you need to know for Friday's game:
TIME: 8:09 p.m. ET
- Red Sox – RHP Rick Porcello (17-7, 4.28 ERA regular season. 4.22 ERA postseason)
- Dodgers – RHP Walker Buehler (8-5, 2.62 ERA regular season, 5.40 ERA postseason)
STORIES TO READ:
- Forget the payrolls. Walker Buehler, Andrew Benintendi show how Dodgers and Red Sox stay ahead
- Machado's behavior this postseason won't spoil his winter payday
- Dodgers' weaknesses exposed in first two games
- Hangover effect of late October pitching
Source: Read Full Article