Dana White reveals 's***' went down between Chandler and McGregor

‘A lot of s*** went down’: Dana White reveals Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler came to blows during filming for The Ultimate Fighter as ‘Iron Mike’ claims a fight with the Irishman could take place at 185 pounds

  • Tensions are starting to grow between Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler 
  • A lot of ‘s***’ went down on Friday according to UFC President Dana White 
  • READ: Jon Jones DESTROYS Cyril Gane to win heavyweight title at UFC 285 

UFC President Dana White has revealed a lot of ‘s***’ went down between Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler on Friday – with the pair set to fight each other this year.

Both McGregor and Chandler are currently filming for the new season of ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ – which is due to air at the end of May.

It was confirmed earlier this year that both men would feature on this season’s series. They will coach upcoming fighters competing in the bantamweight and lightweight who are desperate to earn a spot in MMA’s biggest promotion, before meeting in the Octagon.

With filming well underway, White has said that tensions are starting to heat up between both fighters.

Speaking at the UFC 285 post-fight press conference, White said that Chandler and McGregor were very ‘respectful’ towards each other – but things have started to take a turn for the worse.

Dana White revealed that ‘s***’ went down between Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler

Michael Chandler has said a fight with McGregor may take place at 185 pounds (middlweight)

‘(Michael) Chandler and Conor (McGregor) were very respectful to each other, and then some things started escalating that you will see on the show and they do not like each other now,’ said White.

‘A lot of s*** went down on Friday.’

A reporter then asked whether or not the incident would be good for the show – with White saying that ‘whatever happens, happens.’

‘I don’t look at stuff that’s good for the show or things like that. Whatever happens, happens.

‘The stuff that just happened shouldn’t happen,’ White added.

‘I’m getting old boys, I’m getting old. I would have been in there sooner back in the old days, but yeah, not good.’

Following White’s comments, a reporter then asked if the pair were involved in a physical altercation – with Dana saying ‘a lot of s*** went down on Friday.’

Both Chandler and McGregor were in attendance at UFC 285 last night – with Michael being asked by reporters what weight the potential showdown with McGregor will take place at.

Conor McGregor (L) has not fought since his defeat to Dustin Poirier back in July 2021

Michael Chandler (L) was beaten in his last fight, losing to Poirier back in November at UFC 281

‘He’s (McGregor) talking about 185, we’ll see,’ said Chandler.

‘He was talking about 185 and I called his bluff. 

‘I think he doesn’t think I’m as heavy and as dense as I actually am. I’m sitting here at 191 pounds.

Conor McGregor (L) and UFC President Dana White (R) at UFC 285 in Las Vegas last night 

Michael Chandler (L) was also in attendance at the UFC event in Vegas last night

‘So, I’ll fight at 185, at 170, if Dana steps in and gets his way, possibly 155, I could care less.’

The potential clash between the pair is likely to take place towards the end of summer – with talks of September and October making a lot of ‘sense,’ according to Chandler.

Chandler has not fought since his defeat to Dustin Poirier back in November at UFC 281.

As for McGregor, the Irishman has not fought in two years. His last bout came in 2021 against Poirier – with Conor losing via first-round TKO after suffering a brutal leg injury. 

Source: Read Full Article