ACC, SEC say football plans remain unchanged

The ACC on Tuesday said it is pleased with the COVID-19 protocols being administered on the campuses of its schools and that it will “continue to follow our process that has been in place for months and has served us well.”

SEC commissioner Greg Sankey said he looks forward to learning about the factors that led to the Big Ten and Pac-12’s decision to postpone their college football season but remains “comfortable with the thorough and deliberate approach that the SEC and our 14 members are taking to support a healthy environment for our student-athletes.”

“We will continue to further refine our policies and protocols for a safe return to sports as we monitor developments around COVID-19 in a continued effort to support, educate and care for our student-athletes every day,” Sankey said.

The ACC had previously announced an 11-game football season that begins the weekend of Sept. 12 and with Notre Dame playing a full league schedule, but only if public health guidance allows.

The SEC approved a 10-game, conference only schedule that is set to begin Sept. 26.

Source: Read Full Article