Washington Redskins (home) vs. Philadelphia Eagles (away)
Current records: Washington 7-8; Philadelphia 8-6
What to Know
If Philadelphia want to secure a berth in the playoffs, they need to put their best foot forward on Sunday. They and Washington will round out the year against one another at FedExField at 4:25 p.m. Philadelphia will be strutting in after a win while Washington will be stumbling in from a loss.
Philadelphia received the perfect holiday gift last week. It was close, but they ultimately received the gift of a 32-30 victory from a begrudging Philadelphia squad. Their success was spearheaded by the efforts of Nick Foles, who passed for 471 yards and 4 touchdowns, and Zach Ertz, who caught 12 passes for 110 yards and 2 touchdowns.
Meanwhile, Washington’s holiday cheer might be a little lacking this year after getting coal in their stocking last Saturday. It was a hard-fought game, but they had to settle for a 16-25 defeat against Tennessee.
Philadelphia are the favorite in this one, with an expected 6-point margin of victory. They may be expected to win, but bettors beware: they are only 3-7-1 against the spread when favored.
Philadelphia had enough points to win and then some against Washington the last time the two teams met, taking their contest 28-13. The rematch might be a little tougher for Philadelphia since the team won’t have home-field advantage. We’ll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4:25 PM ET
- Where: FedEx Field, Maryland
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $96.43
The Eagles are a solid 6 point favorite against the Redskins.
This season, Washington are 9-6-0 against the spread. As for Philadelphia, they are 5-9-1 against the spread
Vegas had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Eagles as a 6.5 point favorite.
Washington have won 4 out of their last 7 games against Philadelphia.
- 2018 – Philadelphia Eagles 28 vs. Washington Redskins 13
- 2017 – Philadelphia Eagles 34 vs. Washington Redskins 24
- 2017 – Washington Redskins 17 vs. Philadelphia Eagles 30
- 2016 – Philadelphia Eagles 22 vs. Washington Redskins 27
- 2016 – Washington Redskins 27 vs. Philadelphia Eagles 20
- 2015 – Philadelphia Eagles 24 vs. Washington Redskins 38
- 2015 – Washington Redskins 23 vs. Philadelphia Eagles 20
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- Zach Ertz: 9 points
- Adrian Peterson: 10.01 points
- Alshon Jeffery: 8.4 points
The current forecast: sunny, with a temperature of 45 degrees.
Source: Read Full Article