Reuben Foster is getting another chance to restart his NFL career.
NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Foster is working out with the New York Jets on Thursday, per agent Malki Kawa.
A former first-round pick by the San Francisco 49ers in 2017, injuries relegated the linebacker to 10 games as a rookie in which he compiled 72 tackles, seven for loss. Off-field issues precipitated his swift release from San Francisco in 2018. Foster was suspended for two games to start his second season for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy, stemming from a weapons offense and a misdemeanor drug offense. Then, following an arrest for domestic violence, the Niners waived Foster after 16 total games in two seasons.
The former first-rounder hasn’t played a regular-season game since.
After being claimed by Washington, Foster was placed on the Reserve/Commissioner Exempt List. In a comeback attempt in 2019, the linebacker suffered a knee injury that included a torn ACL and LCL. He did not play in 2020 due to the knee issue.
Jets coach Robert Saleh was the defensive coordinator in San Francisco during Foster’s time with the Niners. The connection could help the 27-year-old land a fresh start in New York on a Jets defense in desperate need of talent. Gang Green placed linebacker Jarrad Davis on injured reserve to open the 2021 season.
- Jacksonville Jaguars running back Travis Etienne (foot) will undergo foot surgery Thursday and has about a four-month recovery, per Rapoport.
- The Cincinnati Bengals placed defensive end Khalid Kareem on IR.
- The Detroit Lions placed quarterback Tim Boyle and defensive end Da’Shawn Hand on IR.
- The Indianapolis Colts activated center Ryan Kelly, wide receiver Zach Pascal and quarterback Carson Wentz from the reserve/COVID-19 list and placed quarterback Sam Ehlinger and wide receivers T.Y. Hilton and Dezmon Patmon on IR.
- The Cincinnati Bengals re-signed wide receiver Mike Thomas.
- The Carolina Panthers added wide receiver Aaron Parker to the practice squad.
- The Buffalo Bills signed tight end Kahale Warring to their practice squad.
- The Detroit Lions re-signed tight end Darren Fells and safety Dean Marlowe to the 53-man roster and signed linebacker Jessie Lemonier , quarterback Steven Montez, cornerback Parnell Motley and tight ends Jared Pinkney and Shane Zylstra to the practice squad.
- The Minnesota Vikings signed quarterback Sean Mannion to the practice squad.
- The Detroit Lions released linebacker Rashod Berry, defensive tackle Miles Brown, tight end Alize Mack and running back Dedrick Mills from the practice squad.
- The New York Giants waived defensive back Montre Hartage with an injury settlement.
- Former Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Jurrell Casey announced his retirement after 10 seasons.
Source: Read Full Article