F1 qualifying, LIVE – Brazilian Grand Prix 2019: Latest updates as six-time champion Lewis Hamilton hopes to gain pole position at Interlagos
- Lewis Hamilton looking for first pole position since becoming world champion
- Hamilton has not started from the very front since the German GP in July
- Brit was fastest in final practice for the Brazilian Grand Prix in Sao Paulo
- Qualifying from the Interlagos circuit gets underway from 6pm GMT
- READ: All the latest F1 news, features and points tables throughout the season
With the pressures of landing the world championship lifted off his shoulders, Lewis Hamilton will be hoping to get back to winning ways at the Brazilian Grand Prix.
The Mercedes driver secured his sixth title at the previous race in the United States but missed out on victory in Austin, Texas to his team-mate Valtteri Bottas.
First though the Brit will be looking to gain pole position in Sao Paulo in qualifying for the Brazlilian Grand Prix at Interlagos. Follow all the action which gets underway from 6pm GMT.
FINAL PRACTICE: Lewis Hamilton goes fastest in final practice for Brazilian Grand Prix ahead of Max Verstappen
Hamilton may though be in with a chance of pole though after taking a rare top spot in final practice – just the third time in the last 19 races.
However, on those previous two occasions in Spain and Hungary he failed to convert them into pole position…
Because while Lewis Hamilton has been hoovering up a vast majority of the world championships in the last half-decade, he is on a bit of a pole position drought.
It’s obviously not harmed him too much but can Lewis finally land his first start from the very front since the German Grand Prix in July? Welcome to our live coverage of all the qualifying action from Interlagos.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article