Ferrari release their 2021 challenger as Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz aim for F1 glory

F1: Leclerc says Ferrari career has 'exceeded expectations'

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

Ferrari have released their 2021 challenger, with a bid to “look towards the future, whilst not forgetting their history” ahead of pre-season testing in Bahrain.

2020 was one of the worst seasons for the Ferrari team in 40 years, however in a pre-recorded video released by the team on Wednesday – the drivers and the team personnel had an upbeat feel to the upcoming season.

Ferrari were the final team to hold a car launch before the start of the season, and the team say the car has had some significant changes, including a completely new power unit, revised aerodynamics, and changes to the rear of the car.

It comes as the team are looking to make huge improvements on last year’s sixth place in the Constructors’ Championship, which saw former Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel and his team-mate Charles Leclerc struggle to bring any fight to Lewis Hamilton and the Mercedes team.

JUST IN:
Valtteri Bottas ‘doing a Nico Rosberg’ in bid to finally beat Lewis…

The team boss Mattia Binotto was confident of their new set up, explaining some of the changes.

“This car was born out of last year’s car due to the new regulations so it was partially frozen, but we tried to improve it in all of its areas, wherever it was possible,” said Binotto.

“The aerodynamics was revised, and it has a completely new power unit. Its livery has also changed, the posterior is a burgundy colour similar to the very first Ferrari racing car, the 125S.

“It’s the same colour we used last year at Mugello to celebrate our 1000th Grand Prix. This year is going to be full of challenges.

DON’T MISS:
Max Verstappen to Mercedes warning sent to Valtteri Bottas
Valtteri Bottas ‘doing a Nico Rosberg’ in bid to finally beat Lewis…
Russell sends Hamilton message to Wolff as he eyes 2022 Mercedes shot

“Visually, we’ve drawn on our history but we’re also looking towards the future, which will always be defined by our Ferrari red.”

In Scuderia’s youngest driver line-up since 1968, Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz, will both drive in Bahrain pre-season testing with the first race of the season on 28 March, however first, they’ll have to get to grips with the new car over three days at the Sakhir circuit.

The Racing Director at Ferrari, Laurent Mekies said: “There’s plenty of positive energy coming from our two drivers. Carlos has spent a lot of time in the factory and has integrated with the team very quickly.

“As for Charles, he is already perfectly at home with the team: he knows what he wants and is also very aware of the role he has in the team, both in and out of the car.

“Over the winter, we have witnessed the two guys getting on very well together and this can only be a good thing for the whole team.”

Carlos Sainz has replaced Sebastian Vettel next to Charles Leclerc in Ferrari’s driver line-up.

Source: Read Full Article