Huddersfield 2-0 Luton: Jonathan Russell scores sensational lob and Elijah Adebayo misses a penalty as the Terriers beat their play-off rivals and move up to third in the Championship
- Huddersfield claimed a crucial victory over Championship play-off rivals Luton
- Terriers midfielder Jonathan Russell opened the scoring just after the hour mark
- Hatters frontman Elijah Adebayo missed a penalty after James Bree was fouled
- Substitute Naby Sarr secured victory with a late header at the back post
- Huddersfield are up to third in the table after their victory, Luton remain fifth
Huddersfield claimed a crucial 2-0 victory over Championship play-off rivals Luton and moved up to third in the table in the process.
Jonathan Russell opened the scoring just before the hour mark as he sent a beautiful lob over James Shea in the Luton net after allowing Pipa’s throw-in to bounce.
The Hatters had the chance to equalise when Danel Sinani fouled James Bree in the box, but Elijah Adebayo sent the resulting penalty wide of the post.
The three points were secured for Huddersfield in the 89th minute as a deep corner found substitute Naby Sarr at the back post and the Senegalese defender headed home.
Full match report to follow.
21-year-old midfielder Jonathan Russell opened the scoring just before the hour mark
Huddersfield have moved up to third in the Championship after beating their play-off rivals
Luton frontman Elijah Adebayo missed a penalty after James Bree was fouled in the box
Naby Sarr secured the win for Huddersfield with his header at the back post in the 89th minute
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article