Inter Milan sporting director Piero Ausilio has insisted that the Italian club aren’t interested in trying to make a move to sign Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante, despite reports suggesting Antonio Conte had made a demand to Inter officials over the star.
Kante has been linked with a move away from Chelsea this summer.
The French midfielder was reportedly made available by Blues chiefs earlier in the window in an attempt to recoup some funds after their lucrative spending spree.
Chelsea have forked out £250million so far this summer, and are expected to move for Declan Rice.
They are yet to offload any players for significant value, but Kante was apparently made available.
JUST IN: Jose Mourinho ‘frustrated’ with Tottenham board’s transfer stance involving Harry Kane
The 29-year-old still has three years remaining on his current contract, and Chelsea aren’t willing to let him go on the cheap.
Reports suggested Inter were willing to offer up Christian Eriksen and Marcelo Borzovic in an attempt to get the transfer fee down, with the Blues demanding a fee in the region of £45m.
However, Ausilo confirmed after Inter’s 3-2 win over Fiorentina on Saturday that Kante isn’t a target for them at the moment.
He said: “Kante is not on the market, he’s a starter at Chelsea.
Liverpool set for transfer windfall but are stalling over selling player not in Klopp’s plans
Man Utd ‘make contact’ with Argentine wonderkid who Arsenal and Man City are chasing
Chelsea could have the answer to transfer dilemma and unlock key to signing Declan Rice
“We’re not in talks for him also because we’ve already 8 midfielders in our team.”
Inter are also bracing themselves for a fresh bid for centre-back Milan Skriniar from Tottenham, with Spurs desperate to do a deal.
And Aurilio also confirmed he had held talks with Tottenham officials over a potential deal.
However, he insisted the defender would be going nowhere – partly because the club had already sold Diego Godin this summer.
Premier League done deals: Every confirmed transfer in the summer window
Get NOW TV Sky Sports season pass and save 25 percent
Aurilio added: “I will not confirm any negotiations for Skriniar
“There was a meeting with Tottenham, that is true, but we simply reiterated that Skriniar is not on the transfer market.
“We’ve already released Diego Godin from the defence and cannot think of losing Skriniar too.”
Conte himself also insisted he wanted to keep Skriniar at the San Siro, but conceded the decision would be out of his hands.
He said: “Skriniar to Tottenham? He’s part of our project here at Inter. But I don’t know if an important bid will arrive in the coming days… it’s possible that the club will consider it because of the financial situation”
This article contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission on any sales of products or services we write about. This article was written completely independently, see more details here
Source: Read Full Article