Klopp reflects on Liverpool's win at Wolves
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has been tipped to already have a transfer plan up his sleeve ahead of the January window. The German does not usually dip into the winter market but has been told he might need to due to losing a couple of key stars to the African Cup of Nations at the start of 2022.
Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah have been key to the Reds’ success in the first half of the campaign.
The pair have scored a combined 28 goals across all competitions as Liverpool sit second in the Premier League and are comfortably through to the knockout rounds of the Champions League.
However, the prolific duo, alongside midfielder Naby Keita, will head to Cameroon to compete at AFCON from January 9 to February 6.
That will leave Klopp without three important players at a tough stage of the campaign.
JUST IN: Arsenal, Tottenham and Man City offered new hope after Vlahovic update
Former Aston Villa striker Gabby Agbonlahor believes the absence of Mane and Salah, in particular, will cost Liverpool in their battle for the Premier League title with Manchester City and Chelsea.
And he has tipped Klopp to already have a plan up his sleeve to ensure the Anfield outfit are not short of options.
“I think that’s going to cost Liverpool the title [Mane and Salah leaving],” the talkSPORT pundit said.
“Losing them players for the amount of games they are away for.
VOTE FOR YOUR PREMIER LEAGUE PLAYER OF THE YEAR HERE
“You can’t lose Salah and Mane for four to six games when you’ve got the likes of Chelsea and Manchester City who have got so much squad depth they can bring in quality players into their team.
“So for me they’ve got to [purchase players in January], they’ve got to.
“You look at Jota, yes fantastic player but Firmino has injury worries, Origi when he starts, he’s not really the same player as when he comes on as a sub.
“So they’ve got problems there Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp might have someone lined-up already.”
Liverpool might be interested in signing Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele after hearing that the Frenchman has been handed an ultimatum by the Catalan club.
Diogo Jota’s hilarious one-word message to Liverpool hero Divock Origi
Salah sends Liverpool clear contract hint as he discusses Klopp’s role
Ralf Rangnick unlocked Liverpool tactic during Man Utd win
Dembele, who was once a £130million signing by Barca, is out of contract at the end of the season and has been told to respond to the club’s offer by December 31, according to Spanish outlet Sport.
Barca’s stance suggests they might consider selling Dembele in January to at least recoup some of the huge fee they paid just three-and-a-half years ago.
The Liga side have apparently been in discussions with the 24-year-old over an extension for some time but no conclusion has been reached.
MundoDeportivo reported in October that Klopp is ‘in love’ with the former Borussia Dortmund star and that outgoing sporting director Michael Edwards had already started preparing the finances for a potential transfer.
Source: Read Full Article