Dortmund captain Marco Reus has insisted that his teammate Jadon Sancho will be staying at the club for at least one more year despite continued interest from Manchester United.
It is no secret that United have been chasing the England international all summer, with their manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer having made the forward his No.1 target.
The two clubs have struggled to negotiate an acceptable price, however, with Dortmund standing firm over their £108m valuation of the player.
Some United fans are still holding out hope that they may be able to come to an agreement before the transfer window shuts on Monday.
But speaking to Sky Germany , Reus seemed highly confident that Sancho would remain a Dortmund player until next summer at the earliest.
When asked about the rumours he is set to stay, Reus said: "For us players that was great news. We all were happy that he will be with us for the season.
"Also because he delivers scorer points for the team. Goals, assists – in the end that translates to a lot of points.
"He is an essential player for us. If he will be as great of a player as (Cristiano) Ronaldo, time will tell. He needs a little bit of time, many experiences.
"There will surely be phases in his career where things will not go as smoothly as now, and we will see how he is going to deal with something like that. But I believe that he has the confidence and of course the quality to do that."
Get the latest Man Utd transfer news straight into your inbox!
Manchester United are looking to plot their path back to the top. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has already brought in Donny van de Beek but Jadon Sancho remains Manchester United's number one target.
And you can keep track of their journey by signing up for the brilliant new Mirror Football newsletter!
From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox.
Signing up is simple. Put your email at the top of this article or follow the instructions on this link.
Time is running out for United in the transfer market, with Donny van de Beek the only new face through the door so far this summer.
They are still being strongly linked with Porto left-back Alex Telles, but considering they are also said to be keen on a new centre-back, winger and striker, it is so far proving to be a largely unsatisfactory window.
Source: Read Full Article