Nasser Al-Khelaifi DENIES allegations of kidnap and torture
Nasser Al-Khelaifi DENIES allegations of kidnap and torture made by a businessman in Qatar as ‘French judges launch investigation’ into ‘compromising information’ about the PSG president’s role in the 2022 World Cup bid
- French newspaper Liberation published bombshell allegations in September
- L’Equipe now claim three investigation judges have been appointed in Paris
- PSG president denies allegations and firmly believes ‘justice will run its course’
Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has vehemently denied bombshell allegations that he was involved in the kidnap and torture of a businessman in Qatar who held ‘compromising information’ about the 2022 World Cup bid.
The Qatari football owner is being probed by a team of three investigating judges in Paris who were appointed on Monday, according to French publication L’Equipe.
It comes after French newspaper Libération published the shocking allegations back in September which included a series of claims against Al-Khelaifi in connection with the imprisonment of French-Algerian entrepreneur Tayeb Benabderrahmane in 2020, which he denies.
Benabderrahmane, the detained man in question, was arrested in Doha on January 13, 2020 and was imprisoned for close to nine months.
Libération allege that he was detained because he possessed documents claiming to ‘compromise’ Al-Khelaifi.
Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has vehemently denied bombshell allegations of kidnap and torture
It is alleged that the compromising documents related to the awarding of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar
It is alleged that the compromising documents related to the awarding of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
The documents also allegedly relate to the awarding of the 2026 and 2030 World Cup TV rights to beIN Media, which Al-Khelaifi is chairman of.
But the PSG chief has strongly denied the allegations and said in a statement: ‘They’ve changed their lawyers more times than they’ve changed their stories.
‘It is the ultimate media manipulation. I’m just amazed so many people have taken their contradictions as credible. Justice will run its course.’
His denial comes despite Benabderrahmane’s lawyers, Maitres Romain Ruiz and Gabriel Vejnar, claiming to be satisfied with the decision to investigate the case.
‘We are very happy that the real file of this story is finally the subject of an investigation by the French justice,’ they told AFP.
Benabderrahmane alleges that he was detained in Qatar after his arrest in January 2020.
French newspaper Libération published bombshell allegations in September against Al-Khelaifi
During this period, he claims to have been tortured before being placed under house arrest until his release in November.
It’s alleged that Benabderrahmane then signed an agreement in which he agreed not to divulge ‘sensitive’ documents which involved Al-Khelaifi.
French reports claim that the alleged victim has filed a civic action, allowing a judicial investigation to take place.
Al-Khelaifi, who has been PSG president and CEO since Qatari Sports Investments took over the Parisian giants in 2011, has previously come under hot water over the World Cup bid due to his relationship with former FIFA member Jerome Vackle. He was later acquitted.
Source: Read Full Article