Newcastle 'see second offer for Joao Pedro worth £25m rebuffed''

Newcastle ‘see second offer for Joao Pedro worth £25m rebuffed by Watford days after they saw their initial approach turned down’ as the Hornets battle to keep hold of the Brazilian

  • Newcastle are looking to bolster their squad as the window draws to a close
  • Club has struggled this window to sign the targets they had identified prior
  • Watford wish to keep hold of Joao Pedro having lost Emmanuel Dennis 

Watford have rejected a second Newcastle approach for forward Joao Pedro, it has been reported. 

Newcastle have struggled to acquire various targets they had identified prior to the summer and attention has recently turned to the Brazilian. 

According to The Athletic, Watford wish to keep hold of the player having allowed Emmanuel Dennis depart for Nottingham Forest and as such have rejected a bid of up to £25m for the player. 

Newcastle have seen their improved offer for Joao Pedro turned down by Watford on Thursday 

The Magpies saw a bid worth £20m rejected only a few days ago. 

Joao Pedro, 20, remains one of Watford’s most prized assets and the Championship club  are committed to keeping the player after seeing Dennis leave, it has been reported. It is believed he has been valued at £35m. 

Reports state that it is unclear at this stage whether or not Newcastle will return for a third time for the forward who scored three goals and grabbed one assist last term in the Premier League. 

Manager Rob Edwards has reiterated the club’s desire to keep the talented Brazilian forward

Eddie Howe and Newcastle’s recruitment department have been frustrated this summer by their inability to land their top targets. 

The club has been linked with, at various stages over the summer, the likes of Jack Harrison, Harvey Barnes and James Maddison. 

The Saudi-backed takeover of the club last year is likely to have contributed to selling clubs putting what some are calling a ‘Newcastle’ premium on players the club are interested in signing. 

Newcastle have identified Pedro as a player of sizeable potential given his age and experience

Watford head coach Rob Edwards said earlier on Thursday that a further offer could be entertained by the club, with himself and the board likely to sit down and discuss it. 

‘The bid (previous) that has come in that’s been talked about, it’s not anywhere near the level that we’d expect it to be for him, but we’re involved I’m involved in that conversation,’ he said. 

‘If anything else was to come in again, then we’ll sit down and talk about it as a club and as a board.’




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article