Sheikh Jassim given hope of Man Utd takeover despite ‘Ratcliffe leading race’
Ratcliffe leaves Old Trafford after Man Utd takeover talks
No group has been informed they are the preferred bidder for Manchester United at the current moment in time, it has been claimed. Reports on Wednesday night claimed Sir Jim Ratcliffe was set to be chosen as the candidate to take charge, having successfully wooed the Glazers. However, this latest development suggests Sheikh Jassim still has a chance of owning the Red Devils.
It was reported on Wednesday night that Ratcliffe was likely to be the next owner of United, with the Glazers apparently choosing the 70-year-old as their ‘preferred bidder’.
Yet journalist Ben Jacobs, taking to Twitter, has claimed no group has been informed just yet.
“As of lunch today, no group had been informed they are the preferred bidder for #MUFC,” he said on Twitter.
“Feedback is anticipated, but nothing formal as of early Thursday.”
Ratcliffe is willing to let the Glazers keep a 20 per cent stake in United, in a move that has already sparked a backlash.
Sheikh Jassim, however, has made it clear he wants to own 100 per cent – and has insisted his own offer is ‘debt free’.
Man Utd transfers: Ten Hag wants another Pogba and it makes sense
The Qatari billionaire has pledged to restore United to the heights of old, with the club struggling ever since Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement in 2013.
And this latest twist will give him hope of owning United, amid previous claims he’s confident his own offer is the best one on the table.
Should Sheikh Jassim end up owning United, reports have suggested he’d love to bring four big names to Old Trafford.
Neymar is admired by the Qatari figure, with the Brazil international looking increasingly likely to leave Paris Saint-Germain this summer.
United were offered the 31-year-old as part of a swap deal for Paul Pogba in 2019, only to turn down that proposal.
Man Utd have four options when it comes to Greenwood’s No 11 shirt[COMMENT]
Man Utd ‘make firm transfer decision’ as Greenwood saga takes turn[TRANSFER NEWS]
Mason Greenwood ‘planning to play abroad’ as AC Milan eye Man Utd deal[TRANSFER NEWS]
Yet with Neymar said to be eyeing a move to the Premier League, a blockbuster move to Old Trafford could be on the cards.
Sheikh Jassim also admires Neymar’s PSG team-mate Kylian Mbappe, too.
It’s easy to see why, with the France international only getting better as he continues to evolve as a footballer.
Mbappe has been linked with a move to Real Madrid this summer, with PSG reportedly facing a potential exodus after yet another year of failing to win the Champions League.
But United, should they receive a huge financial boost from any potential takeover, would likely try and land the 24-year-old as well.
Want the latest football news? Join our brand new Facebook group by clicking here
Kingsley Coman has also been tipped to join United, with the Bayern Munich star previously a target for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer during his time in the dugout.
And Sheikh Jassim is a fan of Eduardo Camavinga as well, though it’s hard to see Real Madrid letting the youngster go this summer.
Meanwhile, speaking recently, former Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor opened up on the United takeover process.
And he called on the Glazers to ‘go back to America’, while also expressing concerns over the Red Devils should they end up retaining power.
“I do feel sorry for Man United, I feel their pain,” he said.
“I do mock them sometimes about wanting the Glazers out, but when you hear about what’s going on behind the scenes – the fans must be pulling their hair out.
“It’s time for the Glazers to go back to America, let new owners come in and help them compete again.
“Man United aren’t far away. They’re three or four players away from competing for a league title.
“If the Glazers stay in, then you can’t see that kind of investment coming.
“I think they’re playing with fire and I can see a lot of backlash from the fans if they stay at the club.”
Source: Read Full Article