Conte heaps praise on Tottenham's Brazilian duo Emerson and Lucas
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Antonio Conte will reportedly be hoping to get financial backing in the January transfer window with two players at the top of his wishlist. Tottenham continued their unbeaten start to life under Conte with a resounding 3-0 win over Crystal Palace on Boxing Day.
Harry Kane, Lucas Moura and Son Heung-min bagged all three goals for the hosts as Tottenham moved up to fifth in the table with three games in hand on north London rivals Arsenal, who sit just above them.
Conte appears to have settled on his favoured starting line-up with all three goalscorers from Sunday’s win being his main options.
But goals have still been hard to come by despite Kane’s upturn in form of late.
Of the teams sitting inside the top half of the table, only Wolves and Brighton have scored fewer than Tottenham’s 21.
JUST IN: Tottenham star Harry Kane reaps benefits of Fabio Paratici call
When compared to those competing at the top of the table, the likes of Manchester City and Liverpool have scored more than double that amount.
Kane’s struggled for consistency this season with his goal against Palace being just his third Premier League strike.
Son has been Tottenham’s main source of goals with eight coming in the English top flight so far.
Meanwhile, Lucas has scored just twice in 13 Premier League starts with Conte clearly keen on strengthening his options.
According to Calciomercato, Conte has set his sights on a move for Juventus starlet Dejan Kulusevski.
It is claimed that a bid in the region of £29.5m would be enough to tempt Juventus into selling.
Fabio Paratici was part of the Italian club’s hierarchy when they signed Kulusevski just last year.
There was genuine excitement in Turin about the 21-year-old’s potential after his first season at the club, but he’s struggled for regular football under Massimiliano Allegri.
Conte is seemingly keen on bolstering his options in midfield too with the report adding he wants to sign Weston McKennie.
A similar bid to that of Kulusevski is said to be enough for Juventus to open negotiations.
But Tottenham face competition from Arsenal, who are also said to be in the hunt for McKennie.
Speaking last week, Conte indicated that he would be seeking help from the Tottenham board to make some additions in January.
“For sure we will have a meeting,” Conte said.
“I tend to exploit situations and I think at the moment the only way to improve Tottenham’s situation is to work hard with the squad I have got and improve my players.
“Then if there is the possibility to improve the team in the transfer window we will try to do our best to improve the level of Tottenham.”
Source: Read Full Article