‘Thanks to the staff for getting me out with two mins to spare!’: Micah Richards reveals he nearly missed the start of Sky Sports’ Monday Night Football after getting locked in his dressing room for 90 MINUTES
- Micah Richards reveals how he nearly missed presenting Monday Night Football
- Footage shows how Sportsmail’s newest columnist rushed to the studio set
- Richards tweeted that he got locked in his changing room for an hour and a half
- Staff managed to help the former defender reach his seat with two minutes to go
Micah Richards has admitted that he almost missed the start of Sky Sports’ Monday Night Football coverage after he found himself trapped inside his own dressing room for an hour and a half.
Behind the scenes footage hilariously showed an exasperated and very relieved Richards race into the studio as co-hosts David Jones and Jamie Carragher laughed at the former defender, just minutes before the trio were set to go live on Sky Sports.
Richards has revealed that it was the on-set staff who helped him reach his chair just in the nick of time, allowing him to analyse Manchester City’s clash with Wolves at the Etihad in its entirety.
Micah Richards (R) has revealed how he nearly missed presenting Sky’s Monday Night Football
A day after his close shave, Richards tweeted: ‘Loved being on Sky Sports last night, but managed to get myself locked in the changing room for 90 mins before the show!
‘Thanks to the staff for getting me out with 2 mins to spare – you’d never have known! @Carra23 & @DavidJonesSky were bricking doing the show without me.’
After managing to compose himself for the show, Sportsmail’s newest columnist went on to deliver an impassioned defence of his career and fellow pundit Alex Scott, following criticisms on social media.
Richards makes a mad dash for the studio set after being locked in his dressing room
The footballer-turned-pundit reveals that he was locked in his changing room for 90 minutes
Sportsmail’s newest columnist made it to the set just minutes before the live broadcast
In the last year, Richards has developed into one of Sky‘s most used and highly-respected analysts and has made a career for himself in journalism after retiring from professional football at the highest level.
While his comments on both football and the Black Lives Matter movement have been heavily praised, Richards said on Monday night that he believes he is unfairly targeted online, as is Scott.
He went on to dismiss claims he was only hired because of the BLM movement and said he was hired on the merit of his hard work up until that point.
Richards went on to deliver an impassioned defence of his career and fellow pundit Alex Scott
Richards also leapt to the defence of former England international Scott, who has herself been a victim of social media abuse in recent months after rising to prominence as a pundit.
Scott, the ex-Arsenal footballer and TV presenter aged 35, has been at the centre of much discussion – and relentless online trolling – amid rumours she’s set to become the new host of BBC’s A Question Of Sport, replacing Sue Barker, who was axed after 24 years.
But Richards described Scott as ‘absolutely incredible’ and ‘one of the best’ pundits he’s worked with.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article