West Ham ‘make breakthrough in £30m pursuit of Brentford star Said Benrahma’… days after David Moyes looked set to miss out on winger ‘with deal on brink of collapse’
- West Ham are reportedly closing in on a deal for Brentford star Said Benrahma
- The 25-year-old is one of the most sought-after players in the Championship
- David Moyes is keen to add greater attacking threat to his side this summer
- The deadline for domestic deals closes on Friday and so time is against them
West Ham’s hopes of landing Said Benrahma have reportedly been boosted with a ‘breakthrough’ made for the Brentford winger.
Just days after it was reported that a deal for the 25-year-old was ‘on the brink of collapse’, the Evening Standard report the two sides have edged closer to finalising a deal to take him to the London Stadium.
West Ham boss David Moyes is determined to bolster his attacking options before the domestic transfer deadline on Friday at 5pm.
West Ham have ‘made a breakthrough’ in a deal to bring in Brentford winger Said Benrahma
David Moyes is looking to bolster his attacking options after a positive start to the season
Fears of the deal collapsing were revealed by the Mirror but it is now said that sticking points are being sorted to allow Benrahma a dream move to the Premier League.
It is believed that £25m would be paid up front for Benrahma with the remaining £5m made up in future add-ons.
The Algerian winger was one of the top players in the Championship last season and led the Bees to the Championship play-off final, where they lost off to Fulham.
The 25-year-old scored 17 times for the Bees as they finished third in the second tier last term
He netted 17 goals and registered 10 assists last season and was part of the thrilling ‘BMW’ front line for Brentford alongside Bryan Mbuemo and Ollie Watkins.
Brentford have already lost striker Watkins to Premier League side Aston Villa in a £33million deal, with the young Englishman scoring a first-half hat-trick against Premier League champions Liverpool earlier this month.
West Ham saw a £13m bid rejected for Bournemouth striker Josh King and so are now looking to push on for a deal to get Benrahma to east London.
Benrahma has been away on international duty with Algeria and that is reported to have slowed down a switch away from Brentford but he has now returned to London.
The Hammers saw a £13million bid for Bournemouth striker Josh King rejected (pictured)
Moyes saw Tomas Soucek’s loan deal become permanent this summer while Vladimir Coufal arrived from Slavia Prague and Craig Dawson joined on loan from Watford.
While West Ham’s outlay has been more modest than rivals in the transfer market this summer, they look set to be busier in the coming days.
The sales of strikers Jordan Hugill and Albian Ajeti, allowing winger Felipe Anderson to leave on loan to FC Porto and Jack Wilshere having his contract cancelled a year early, has helped free up funds for Moyes.
Benrahma has barely featured for the Bees since the 2-0 defeat to Fulham at Wembley in August due to transfer speculation, though has made two substitute appearances for the west London side against Millwall and Preston North End this term.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article