Conor McGregor’s UFC return confirmed as he re-joins drug testing programme
Conor McGregor's UFC return is officially in the pipelines following news he's re-joined US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) drug-testing program.
The Irishman, who is scheduled to fight Michael Chandler later this year, withdrew from the program in 2021 amid talk of retirement after he broke his leg in his trilogy fight with Dustin Poirier.
As such, he hasn't undergone any anti-doping tests in the past two years, but the former two-division UFC champion confirmed on Friday that that's about to change.
READ MORE: Conor McGregor dons tiny undies as UFC legend shows off his impressive figure
"That's done, man. That's done," he told reporters when asked if he was re-joining the drug-testing program. "By year end, I’m back in that cage having competed. I’m gearing up now, ready to go."
The USADA later confirmed McGregor's comments in a statement, which read: "We have recently been in direct contact with Conor McGregor, and as he confirmed today in the media, we expect to receive his paperwork coming out of retirement and re-entering the USADA testing pool immediately.
"Like other athletes who come out of retirement, under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, McGregor will be subject to testing for at least six months and must provide at least two negative samples before being permitted to compete."
Will Conor McGregor win his comeback fight? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
Speaking on the The Pat McAfee show earlier this month, UFC chief Dana White revealed McGregor would be returning to the lightweight division despite the Dublin-born fighter teasing a return at welterweight level, citing a desire to become the first three-weight champion in the history of the sport.
McGregor, 34, has 22 wins from 28 professional fights, though three of his last four bouts ended in defeat (two against Poirier and one against Khabib Nurmagomedov).
The date for his clash with Chandler is expected to be announced at the end of the month.
Conor McGregor left close to tears in dressing room after Khabib Nurmagomedov carnage
Muay Thai star has 400 fights with first coming at the age of just 10-years old
Francis Ngannou says he's the 'baddest on the planet' after UFC great signs with PFL
Source: Read Full Article