Save articles for later
Add articles to your saved list and come back to them any time.
(Selections based on a good track)
Race 1 – 1:15pm: CRJC AGM 15 NOVEMBER BENCHMARK 66 HANDICAP (2200m)
5. Prophets De’Vine has been racing well of late with a Gatton victory being followed by second placings at this track and Murwillumbah. She hit the line well over 2020m last time out and the step-up to the 2200m in this doesn’t look like it will pose any problems.
Racing returns to Grafton on Tuesday.
Dangers: 3. Chocolatier was good when second at Armidale last time out and can be placed again, while 2. Ambridge can improve on his latest two starts. 4. Nature Boy had been racing in good form winning a couple on end at Armidale before finishing sixth at this track last week when he battled on well enough to be rated a chance here.
How to play it: Prophets De’Vine WIN
Race 2 – 1:50pm: REMEMBERING OLGA CARDEN CLASS 1 & MAIDEN PLATE (1700m)
8. Pretty Little Liar is lightly raced with just the two starts to her name and she followed on from a debut fifth at the Sunshine Coast with a third at Beaudesert when she led the field up. Pretty Little Liar should push forward and take running down.
Dangers: 7. Voldemort has been placed in his latest two starts at the Sunshine Coast and Beaudesert and should be prominent here on the strength of those efforts. 1. Azure Pride justified favouritism to score at Murwillumbah last time out and must be considered again. 2. Irish Exchange is a former Victorian and could show up here without surprising.
How to play it: Pretty Little Liar EACH WAY
Race 3 – 2:25pm: WINNING EDGE PRESENTATIONS MAIDEN PLATE (1000m)
2. Our Pappy is resuming from a spell in this having only had the one start at Port Macquarie earlier in the year. Our Pappy had looked good in a barrier trial before leading when finishing a close-up fifth on debut. He’s drawn to advantage in gate two.
Dangers: 3. Thought Crime is having his first run in this area having formerly raced in Victoria. He has been mixing his form but can improve here. 6. Miss Artfire will find this easier than her latest assignments and is set to improve, while 11. Enterprise Lucia has been placed in both runs since resuming and warrants thought here.
How to pay it: Our Pappy WIN
Race 4 – 3:05pm: GRAFTONTICKETS.COM.AU BENCHMARK 66 HANDICAP (1400m)
2. Dark Euro was beaten just over a length when finishing fifth at Ballina last time out in what was a sound effort. He disappointed at Coffs Harbour before that, but his previous form was very consistent without winning.
Dangers: 3. Gobbled followed placings at Bowraville and Ballina with a strong Armidale victory last time out. This race looks suitable for him and he looms as a chance again. 9. Revontulet scored wins here and at Ballina before following a fourth at this track with a solid seventh in TAB Highway grade at Rosehill. 10. Serenade The Cat is resuming here but has performed well enough in a couple of trials to prepare for her return.
How to play it: Dark Euro EACH WAY.
Race 5 – 3:40pm: BOOK A CHRISTMAS PARTY MARQUEE COUNTRY BOOSTED MAIDEN PLATE (1400m)
7. Hard Truth has only had the three starts and after failing on debut at Gunnedah, she has shown improvement to finish second in her subsequent runs at Armidale. She has the inside alley here to assist her chances.
Dangers: 14. Kimmela was thrown into the deep end on debut in the autumn when finishing last in the Magic Night Stakes then was spelled. She resumed with a fifth at Muswellbrook and should be primed for this. 12. Change The Date has finished second in three of his five starts and should run well here, while 11. Sunyani has been just behind the placings in two runs back from a spell.
How to play it: Hard Truth EACH WAY
Race 6 – 4:15pm: LAWRENCE CUP CALCUTTA 25 NOVEMBER COUNTRY BOOSTED CLASS 3 HANDICAP (1000m)
6. Welloutofreach has had three runs since resuming from a spell and has won his past two at Bowraville and Taree when leading in both. Expect him to take up a prominent position again here from a good draw and take plenty of running down.
Dangers: 1. Buck Pharoah was thrown into the deep end and failed to beat a runner home in the Mid North Coast Country Championship before being spelled. He’s had a quiet trial to prepare for this and can sprint well fresh. 2. Panuara Boy has been placed at the Gold Coast and Lismore at his last two starts and comes into calculations again here. 3. King’s Gold is resuming from a spell here and had good form last campaign. He’s won a trial leading into this return.
How to play it: Welloutofreach WIN
Race 7 – 4:50pm: LAWRENCE TAVERN CHRISTMAS CUP 26 NOVEMBER F&M BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1175m)
1. Cassia Lane is resuming from a spell here and is a first-up winner. She finished second at Armidale three starts ago then was midfield in her latest two starts before the break. She’s drawn to get a good run and should be hitting the line well.
Dangers: 2. Intoxel was a winner at Murwillumbah last time out when she just held on from 4. Bertinelli, which lines up against her in this and looms as a chance again. 6. Wedding Tent has been racing well and a placing would not surprise.
How to play it: Cassia Lane EACH WAY
Race 8 – 5:30pm: BEYOND THE VALLEY MUSIC FESTIVAL 16 NOVEMBER CG&E BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1175m)
16. Written Fame was first-up from a spell when he hit the line well to score in a small field at Murwillumbah. He’s drawn wide here but has plenty of upside and can overcome it.
Dangers: 10. Taking The Mikki finished fourth in his first two runs back from a spell, then ran sixth at Newcastle last time out. This is an easier assignment. 1. Olivia’s Spirit won as favourite at this track when resuming from a spell, but was then down the track at Newcastle when up in class. 2. Seething Seb had been racing well towards the end of his last campaign and resumes from a spell here. He comes into this after a solid Taree trial.
How to play it: Written Fame WIN
Best Bets: Race 3 (2) Our Pappy.
Race 8 (16) Written Fame.
Race 7 (1) Cassia Lane.
Supplied by Racing NSW
Full form and race replays available at racingnsw.com.au
Most Viewed in Sport
From our partners
Source: Read Full Article