Man United star Antony’s ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin urges the club to suspend him as police investigate domestic abuse allegations she made against him
- Antony’s former partner has called on Manchester United to suspend the player
- Gabriela Cavallin made allegations of domestic abuse against the Brazilian star
- Antony has since faced fresh allegations of violence from two women in Brazil
Antony’s former partner has urged Manchester United to formally suspend him after making domestic abuse allegations against him.
The player’s ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin, a model, alleged that he assaulted her on four occasions, while he has also been accused by two more women in Brazil, Rayssa de Freitas and Ingrid Lana. He has denied any wrongdoing.
Though Brazil have dropped 23-year-old Antony from their national team squad for games against Bolivia and Peru, Premier League heavyweights United are yet to take any action.
And Cavallin told The Sun on Sunday that the man who joined for £85.5million from Dutch side Ajax in September 2022 and is on a salary of around £150,000 a week, must be axed.
She said: ‘Antony must be taken off the pitch. It’s disappointing that he’s still allowed to play while an investigation is underway.
Antony’s ex-girlfriend has urged Manchester United to suspend him after allegations of abuse
Gabriela Cavallin, 22, has alleged that the Brazilian winger assaulted her on four occasions
Antony, 23, gave a tearful interview on Brazilian television on Friday denying all wrongdoing
‘I’m absolutely devastated by this whole process. How can life go on as normal for him? They can’t know what they know now and do nothing. He has to be suspended.’
On Friday, Antony delivered a tearful interview on Brazilian TV denying the allegations and insisting he will clear his name, as police investigations continue in Manchester and Sao Paulo.
United declined to comment on Thursday night having issued a statement on Wednesday saying that it ‘acknowledges the allegations made against Antony’ and ‘are taking this matter seriously’.
In response to United’s statement, Cavallin, 22, questioned why United waited three months since she made the allegations in Brazil in June before officialy responding.
She added: ‘Why did it take United three months? It’s just not OK.
‘I prefer not to believe such a huge club, with such serious and professional people, would cover up a situation like this.’
Last month, United decided that Mason Greenwood could not play for the club again after charges of attempted rape and assault were dropped by the Crown Prosecution Service in February. The club is under intense scrutiny after being criticised for its response to the Greenwood saga.
Banker Lana, 33, claimed in Brazil that Antony pressured her to have sex, saying: ‘He tried to have a relationship with me and I didn’t want to… He pushed me against the wall and I hit my head.’
Cavallin filed a police report in Brazil in June and then spoke out during a television interview
Cavallin (right) said that she needed stitches to her breast after Antony allegedly injured her
Antony posted a statement in Portuguese on Instagram in June as he stressed his innocence
Law student De Freitas also alleged that she was attacked by Antony and a woman in his car after they left a nightclub in Sao Paulo.
And Cavallin declared: ‘I will do everything in my power. I will not give up. People need to be held accountable. It doesn’t matter what profession or how famous someone might be. If they took action against his team-mate (Greenwood), I don’t see why Antony should be treated differently.’
Antony has insisted he does not fear for his future at Old Trafford despite allegations from three women that he attacked them.
Speaking to Brazilian TV channel SBT on Friday night, he said: ‘It’s something that doesn’t cross my mind. I know the truth and it will come out. I know many are butchering me, but the truth always comes out.
‘United are on top of the whole inquiry. They’re following up and they’re going to keep up.’
However, he admits it hurt that Brazil dropped him from their squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Bolivia and Peru, adding: ‘It was tough, even more so for one thing that I’m sure isn’t true and gained this whole proportion.
‘I was here with my mum when I heard I was going to be cut. It’s not easy. We work to realise a dream, and wearing the national team jersey is a dream I face every day.’
‘I don’t support this ever. It’s totally wrong, 100 per cent wrong. I have a mother, a sister, and I would never want this to happen to them.
‘I’m 100 per cent sure I’ve never touched a woman, and I’ll come up with the evidence. People will see the truth. I have never assaulted and I will never assault. I’m sure I’ve never committed physical violence.’
The winger was removed from the Brazil squad in the wake of his ex-girlfriend’s accusations
United claimed they ‘acknowledge the allegations’ in a statement, but did not take any action
The most serious of Cavallin’s claims alleges that Antony head-butted her during a row at a Manchester hotel in January during an assault that dislodged a breast implant. She has also accused the club of trying to cover up the incident, an accusation the club say is ‘categorically false’.
On another occasion, Cavallin claims she was assaulted in Antony’s car after a party and he threatened to throw her out of the moving vehicle when she was pregnant, which he also denies.
Cavallin also alleges that Antony cut her finger with a glass and stopped her from leaving his house in another row. He denies this too.
Antony also insisted that Cavallin doctored WhatsApp messages that she released to the media to smear his reputation.
Source: Read Full Article