Saudi Pro League confirm their transfer window is open until September 7 with Al-Ittihad racing to seal £200m move for Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah
- The Saudi Arabian top flight has an extended transfer window of September 7
- There was confusion over the date with FIFA claiming it ran up until the 20th
- It gives Al-Ittihad extra time in their ambitious attempt to sign Mohamed Salah
The Saudi Pro League have confirmed their transfer window will remain open until September 7 as Al-Ittihad attempt to seal an ambitious swoop for Mohamed Salah.
Top players from across the world have flocked to the Middle East this summer with the country’s top flight splashing the cash on stars such as Neymar, Karim Benzema, N’Golo Kante and Sadio Mane.
Liverpool forward Salah could be next with Al-Ittihad hoping to tempt the Reds with a £200million bid and they will have until Thursday to get that move over the line, though manager Jurgen Klopp has reiterated that Salah will not leave Anfield having been unable to replace him.
There was initially confusion over when the Saudi top flight’s window would slam shut after FIFA initially claimed it would run up until September 20.
But in a statement, the Saudi Pro League said: ‘As communicated to clubs on Friday June 30, the summer registration for player transfers for the Saudi Pro League closes on Thursday September 7.’
The Premier League’s window closed on September 1, wrapping up Liverpool’s summer business having brought in Alexis Mac Allister, Dominik Szoboszlai, Ryan Gravenberch and Wataru Endo – but no forward signings who could fill in for Salah.
The Saudi Pro League have confirmed their transfer window runs until September 7 – with Al-Ittihad racing to complete an ambitious swoop for Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah
Al-Ittihad have already completed some huge deals this summer – including for Karim Benzema (L) and N’Golo Kante (R)
Liverpool rejected an offer of £150m but that hasn’t deterred the Saudi Pro league club – who have already brought in Benzema, Kante and Liverpool’s Fabinho.
Salah started Liverpool’s 3-0 win over Aston Villa on Sunday and scored the third goal of the afternoon.
Just before the game, manager Klopp said he had no worries about his focus despite ongoing speculation he could depart.
After pulling a confused look before laughing at the question, he said: ‘I didn’t have to this was a media story and it never came through.
‘I have a big desk in my office, a lot of papers on there, a laptop, iPad, everything you need. None of them are busy with any kind of these news. I have a lot of other things to do and we haven’t thought about it.
Liverpool have rejected a £150m offer from Al-Ittihad with Jurgen Klopp insisting his star man is not for sale
‘Mo was completely normal, good training week and nothing from my point of view to think about.’
Mail Sport revealed Liverpool had been exploring contingency plans in the unlikely scenario that Salah did depart prior to the transfer window closing.
Managed by Nuno Espirito Santo, Al-Ittihad currently sit top of the Saudi Pro League having won four out of four so far this season.
But a move for Liverpool’s number 11 would be one of the biggest deals in an incredible window for the league.
Salah’s status as the biggest Arab athlete in the world is fuelling the pursuit and Al-Ittihad are prepared to push until the final hour on Thursday to get their man.
Liverpool are in no rush to sell given the player still has two years remaining on his £350,000 a week deal.
Source: Read Full Article